CPD Conferences Name Players of the Week
Article courtesy of USA Rugby
USA Rugby has announced the players of the week in each College Premier Division conference for the week of March 26th. All of the conference players of the week will be up for the CPD National Player of the Week honors.
Fans can vote for the National Player of the Week here: http://on.fb.me/g9ta3e
Congratulations to BYU’s Ryan Roundy for winning the CPD National Player of the Week for the week of March 19th after an outstanding seven try performance against the University of Colorado.
CPD CONFERENCE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK – WEEK OF MARCH 26th
Rugby East Conference
- Charlie Grant, Dartmouth, Sr. Tight Head Prop (Boxford, Mass.)
- Saturday: Two tries in a 22-19 loss to Penn State
- Coach Notes: Played like a flanker. High work rate across the pitch; multiple tackles. Massive in support at the tackle contest.
Previous Rugby East Conference Winners
- March 19: Ryan Goulding, Penn St., Lock
- March 12: Jimmy Kowalski, Delaware, Fullback
- March 5: Ricky Neel-Feller, Navy, Scrumhalf
- Samuel Anderson, Tennessee, Jr., Outside Center (Knoxville, Tenn.)
- Saturday: Three penalty kicks, two conversions and one try in a 28-25 win over Texas A&M
- Coach Notes: Normally a fullback, Sam moved to outside center on Saturday and was outstanding in midfield defense and attacking on offense.
Previous Mid-South Conference Winners
- March 19: Sean Peterson, Notre Dame, Flyhalf
- March 12: David Caswell, Arkansas St., Wing
- March 5: Cameron Dolan, Life, No. 8
- Travis Hughes, Arizona State, Sr. No. 8 (Bullhead City, Ariz.)
- Saturday: Arizona State defeated Arizona 38-15
- Coach Notes: Set up three turnovers that led to tries against Arizona. Travis constantly leads from the front and though not a try scorer against Arizona was a pivotal player for ASU and was awarded the ASU player of the game.
Previous Western Conference Winners
- March 19: Ryan Roundy, BYU, No. 8
- March 12: Don Pati, Utah, Scrumhalf
- March 5: Carson Cleveland, Air Force, Flyhalf
- Andrew Cook, St. Mary’s, Sr., Hooker (San Ramon, Calif.)
- Saturday: St. Mary’s defeated Claremont 49-0
- Coach Notes: Led five freshman, four sophomores and three juniors in a solid performance vs. Claremont. Leads from the front in the truest sense — no flash, no rah rah — 100% first up tackle stat, recorded an assist on 5 of SMC’s 9 scores. Very professional in his approach to the game.
Previous Pacific Conference Winners
- March 19: Joe Brophy, St. Mary’s, No. 8
- March 12: Duncan Kelm, San Diego St., Center
- March 5: Stuart Sharpe, Cal Poly-SLO, Fullback