USRF Announces $20,000 Matching Gift
At this time of year, it can be hard to choose between the many great non-profits in which to donate your hard-earned money. When it comes to American rugby, aside from donating to the betterment of your own clubs, there is no better place to donate than the United States Rugby Foundation.
If you’re looking to help make a difference in rugby at the youth and high school level, now’s your chance. The United States Rugby Foundation just received a matching gift of $20,000 as part of their 2013 Annual Campaign.
That means all donations between now and the end of the year will be matched dollar for dollar up to a total of $20,000.
It also means that if you have been thinking about making a donation to the USRF then now is the time. As a reminder, below is a list of just some of the accomplishments of the USRF.
Created the virtual U.S. Rugby Hall of Fame in 2010 to honor those who have made contributions to the sport in the United States. Visit the U.S. Rugby Hall of Fame at www.usrugbyhalloffame.org
- Has provided over 12,000 balls to over 1,100 youth and high school teams, schools or community programs.
- In 2012-13, has provided 5,000 balls to youth rugby players to have as their own through our A Ball 4 All program.
- Awarded 41 $1,000 Kevin Higgins College Scholarships since program’s creation in 2008. Will pass the 50 mark with this year’s scholarships.
- Issued Development or High Performance Grants to 14 promising high school and collegiate players to the International Rugby Academy of New Zealand. Seven of those recipients have gone on to play for the U.S. 7s or 15s teams, including current Eagles Scott LaValla, Shawn Pittman and Cam Dolan.
- Raised over $25,000 for the U.S. Men’s Collegiate All-American team for their tours to South Africa, New Zealand and Canada.
- Provided $2,500 for the creation of a fundraising video for the U.S. Women’s National Team prior to their 2010 Rugby World Cup bid.
- Helped raise over $20,000 for the rugby community affected by Hurricane Katrina.
- Provided the $25,000 in funding for the Online High School Injury Study.
The USRFF has made a real difference in the last 50 years. But we still have far to go, and with your tax deductible contribution we can finally see rugby given the opportunity it deserves. This year, with the 2016 Olympic Games just around the corner, we need you more than ever!